Interested in being a trader at the leading autotrading service in the universe? We are currently hiring! Please take a look at what we are looking for, and should you be a good fit, please send your résumé and any additional information you feel is relevant to jobs at global-autotrading dot com.
Please note: we only consider residents of Ontario, Canada. Please do not submit your résumé if you do not reside in Ontario. If this were to change in the future, we would announce it here and then accept other résumés. Until then, only Ontario residents please.
Description: seeking driven and focused individuals who have a strong interest in trading real-time on the stock and option markets. This involves operating our proprietary autotrading platform to execute trades in our clients' accounts, Mon-Fri, 8am - 4pm. This is an entry level position and does not involve making investment decisions or providing investment advice.
- Passed the Canadian Securities Course
- Experience trading stocks & options (including combinations like spreads, covered calls, etc.) (either in your own account, or for clients)
- Very comfortable with computers in general, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook - be able to write Outlook rules in your sleep)
- Good with numbers, math in general
- Able to work, reason and make decisions independently, strong personal discipline
- Good office setup at home - computer (MS Windows), reliable high-speed internet, web cam, able to work undisturbed
- Like trading stocks & options, learn and follow different trading strategies, and to follow the markets in general
- Excellent at reading English written instructions, detecting errors, ambiguities or other issues
- Good written/spoken English; be able to write professional emails quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, to focus and perform under pressure
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and quick reflexes; current/former PC RTS/FPS game players (mouse + keyboard), here is your chance to earn money applying those skills!
- Excellent pattern recognition
- Energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment
Nice to Have:
- Passed the Canadian Securities Institute's Derivatives Fundamentals Course
- Passed the Canadian Securities Institute's Options Licensing Course
- Passed the Canadian Securities Institute's Conduct & Practices Handbook
- Passed the Canadian Securities Institute's courses leading to the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation (this work experience can count towards the 2 years of relevant work experience CSI requires for the CIM designation).
- Other designations: Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC); Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC)
- Passed the Series 6 or 7, Series 66 FINRA exams (US)
- Familiar with Interactive Broker's Trader Workstation Software (TWS)
- Computer programming background - c# , php, js, html, css -- and like to program
- Engineering background (preferably computer related)
- Graphic design ability - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop